Thursday 7 January 2016

Drawing on photoshop

To create the album cover for the band on my front cover, I will use Photoshop. I will use the YouTube videos below for guidance and I will use a similar style of the drawing produced in the videos
.

 I have attempted to make a cartoon version of this image of Patrick Stump from Fall Out Boy just to get some practice.


In the animated version that I did, I did a number of things different for example, the shaping of the hair. The hair was very complicated because of all the directions the individual strands were going in and the hair colour was difficult which I tried to get as accurate as I could. so I did my own interpretation of Stump's hair. Another thing which I found difficult was the skin colour. Due to the lighting in the image, the skin colour appeared different everywhere do I decided to do it one shade. and a third thing I did different was the tie. The shirt is checkered so it would have been time consuming to try and get through all the little squares, therefore I only chose red.


For the album cover, I will use this method to make the cover as many band front covers are quite artistic and animation/cartoon is an art method.  

No comments:

Post a Comment