Tuesday 8 March 2016

3rd Draft of Magazine

This is the 3rd and final draft of my music magazine. I've made some more improvements in order make it look more of a rock magazine.
I've improved the front cover by adding more to the mise-en-scene. I've added patches of beige and a sort of muddy brown, to make the background look dirty which conforms to the stereotype of messy rock stars. I decreased the size of the main feature font and rearranged the existing feature stories in order to make room for more feature stories in the style of NME magazine (I began to look at other magazines for more inspirations and the layout of NME magazine grew on me) because in my second draft there were lots of big gaps, this way it looks like there is more happening and it's more 'in your face' like KERRANG! I changed the skyline because I thought it sounded like something you'd see on a pop magazine so replaced it with a subscription offer and a notice about the next issue which could attract customers.
I mainly edited the upper half of my contents page. I changed the title to match the "EXCLUSIVE" on my double page spread ('CF Punk Attitude' from dafont.com). I changed the main image to a better quality image and I really like the poses. I added the subscription offer that was on the front cover and an advertisement for free 'Night Light' T-shirts. The background idea is the same the front cover.
The only thing I have altered for the double page spread is the background so I follows the same idea as the front cover and contents page, making it look like a house style.

No comments:

Post a Comment