Monday 5 October 2015

Music Magazine Front Cover Ideas


 For my music magazine, I have decided that I am going to do a  magazine that is aimed at both male and female audiences aged from teens to late twenties. However, at this point I am unsure what genre to base my magazine on.

I have taken some front covers of different music magazines from Google Images to draw inspiration from. I have chosen two front covers from a music magazine company, one with a male artists as the main image and one with female artists as the main images.










Rolling Stones is a rock magazine which is unisex because they have included musicians with a majority mixed gender fanbase and the colour schemes used are neutral and commonly associated with the genre of 'rock'.

Top of the Pops magazine is aimed a teenage girls. I know this because of the use of pink and love hearts that have connotations with love and romance which is what most stereotypical girls are interested in and they've used artists who have a prodominantly female fanbase.

The colour scheme of 'Vibe' magazine has some relation with the main image so for example the cover with Nicki Minaj, the colour of the masthead, her name and some of the text boxes match the colour of her hair and the cover with T.I. has a blue background which matches his clothing. 

We Love Pop magazine is aimed a teenage girls just like Top of the Pops. I know this because of the use of pink and love hearts that have connotations with love and romance which is what most stereotypical girls are interested in. The masthead has a love heart instead of the word 'love' because again, love hearts have connotations of love. Also, they've used artists who have a prodominantly female fanbase.










No comments:

Post a Comment